The Dell PowerEdge R900 is a powerful 4U server built to handle demanding enterprise applications and tasks. With sockets for up to four Intel Xeon quad- or six-core processors, up to 256GB of memory, and up to 10TB of SAS or SATA hard drive storage, the R900 provides excellent scalability, allowing you to order a server that's up to any task you throw at it.
With up to 24 cores and as much memory as you need it to have, the PowerEdge R900 is ideal for migrating from proprietary RISC/UNIX environments to an x86 industry standards-based solution, freeing your data center from being locked into costly proprietary systems. In addition, the R900 offers you choice by letting you choose from operating systems such as Novell SUSE Linux, Solaris, and Windows for migration from RISC environments.
ServerMonkey offers the Dell PowerEdge R900 in a variety of options to suit your organizations' specific needs. Since ServerMonkey offers complete hardware customization, you can configure your unit to meet your price and processing specifications, or simply select a preconfigured unit from the list above.
Dell PowerEdge R900 Specs:
- Brand: Dell
- Product Line: PowerEdge
- Product Type: Rackmount Server
- Form Factor: 4U Rack
- Processors: Up to 4x Dual/Quad/Hex-Core 7200/7300/7400 series Intel Xeon processors
- Processor Cache: Up to 8MB L3 cache per processor
- Memory: Fully expandable up to 256GB PC2-5300 ECC FB-DIMM, PC2-10600 ECC FB-DIMM
- Hard Drives: Up to 8x 2.5" SAS hard drives
- Maximum Internal Storage: Up to 5TB
- I/O Slots: Seven available PCI Express slots
- Remote Management: Baseboard Management Controller w/IPMI 2.0 compliance. DRAC 5 (optional)
For Tech Specs